Our time has come to a close at Wedding MBA and we have learned so much that is going to benefit, you, the couple! For those that don’t know, Wedding MBA is a conference held in Las Vegas every year for wedding professionals like ourselves to stay up to date on upcoming trends and must haves for the next year. While there were many interesting seminars about marketing, which I won’t bore you with, the most important seminar we attended was about upcoming trends for the 2015 wedding year.
1. The use of religious institutions and banquet halls are decreasing in popularity. A lot of couples are now choosing more unconventional wedding venues such as, barns, beaches, vineyards, and botanical gardens. There is just something so eye-catching and beautiful about our natural surroundings that it will be sure to bring out the love you and your partner share.
2. Couples are also spending more money per guest. Couples are now spending more money on catering, about $66/person! Catering is one place where more money is being spent. It is perhaps one of the most important part of your wedding. Without good food, no one will have the energy to get out on the dance floor! In addition to catering, couples are also spending more money on their party favors. Whether it be a late night milk & cookie station or mini bottles of alcohol, personalized favors are becoming more and more popular.
3. DIY is becoming the new “it” thing. With many DIY projects there are always going to be pros and cons. The major pro with DIY is that you can control what you spend. If you want to take on a fun and creative centerpiece made out of old vintage books and picture frames, you can! On the flip side, do not take on the DIY project of coordinating your own wedding. It might save you money, but with all the headaches and challenges that will come with, you will lose out on enjoying your day because you will be worried about the schedule! Make sure you leave some room in your budget to hire a professional for that, trust me this will be money well spent!
4. Wedding receptions are becoming more about the experience. Couples are now spending more money on making their wedding one to remember. Performers are being used in so many different ways to entertain your guests, adding a magic show, an acrobat act, or some tahitian dancers is growing in popularity. Also, couples that choose to have outdoor cocktail hours are now opting to place some fun yard games around the site. Corn hole, ring toss, and a huge checker set will not only bring your guests closer but will also keep them talking about your wedding for years to come. These performances and games are great ways to keep your guests entertained during cocktail hour while you take group photos and also give you the opportunity to enjoy some one-on-one time before the reception.
5. Lastly, bold colors and personal touches are on the rise. Couples are not afraid to use colors anymore. Want to pair fuchsia with navy blue? Go for it! The confidence in which you display colors will really let your personality shine through. Personal touches are being used in more ways than one. Couples are now using engagement photos in their centerpieces, and branding their photo booths with their wedding logo. Oh! And don’t forget to create your wedding hashtag so guests can show off your wedding photos on social media for everyone to see!
We hope this will give you ideas on how you can make your wedding personal, but if you are still stuck, not to worry there are many wedding professionals waiting by their phones to answer questions and assist you with all your planning needs!
Good luck and Congratulations!